Distinguished Alumni Award
Given annually to Appalachian alumni who have attained extraordinary distinction and success in their career field and have demonstrated exceptional and sustained leadership in their community.
Guidelines for selection:
- Nominations must be submitted in writing by someone other than a member of the candidate's family or the selection committee.
- The candidate must have completed a program of study at Appalachian no less than five years prior to the date of the award.
- Candidates may not be current Appalachian employees or current Alumni Council members (excluding Past Presidents).
- Recipients will be notified immediately following selection and must attend the banquet to receive the award.
- Publications illustrating the candidate's strengths as well as letters of recommendation will be strongly considered.
Distinguished Alumni Award Recipients
The Appalachian Fund & The Parents Fund Progress:
McKinney Alumni Center:
ASU Box 32015
Boone, NC 28608-2015
Update Your Information
A proud supporter of the alumni association, Liberty Mutual offers Appalachian alumni discounts on home, auto, renters, condo, and mobile home and motorcycle insurance.